Kathleen Egan-City, President and Executive Director, Millennium Research Institute
"For years, I’ve witnessed the powerful impact of touch and massage in providing comfort, compassion, and improving the quality of life in hospice care. The quality of training offered by Compassionate Touch® is exclusively tailored to meet the unique needs of elders and people in hospice and palliative care."
Level 3 Massage in Hospice Care with Irene Smith
41 Carl St. #C
San Francisco, CA 94117
ContactCenter for Compassionate Touch
This training program is designed to provide techniques, skills and personal practices for adapting touch and massage to specialized settings for clients who are in end-of-life care or actively dying. These skills and practices will help you gather information for assessment and treatment, revitalize your energy while working, achieve comfort by the bedside and process the emotional impact of the work. This training has been customized to provide the Compassionate Touch® Practitioner with advanced skills and a physical approach to clients with life-limiting illness. Instructor: Irene Smith
In this intensive, you will gain expertise and the ability to:
- Demonstrate therapeutic presence with the dying person
- Evaluate appropriate massage techniques to work with a client’s physical and emotional vulnerability
- Implement assessment tools and documentation in hospice services
- Integrate Everflowing massage techniques
- Implement comfort measures for both the client in bed and for yourself at the bedside
- Exhibit greater confidence in working with non- verbal clients
- Implement personal coping strategies for the emotional impact of working with dying persons
This training includes supervised clinical practice in two hospice inpatient care facilities.
Pre-requisite: Completion of Compassionate Touch® Level 2 Practitioner Training.
CE Credit: 32 hours. Approved by NCBTMB