Joy Silber, LMT, New York, New York
"My closest friend was hospitalized with cancer. I had the very real privilege of being able to provide her with some comfort. I wouldn’t have felt confident had I not taken Compassionate Touch®. Being able to provide a service to a friend enabled me to get past feeling helpless in the face of her disease."
Level 1 Workshop Cape Coral, FL
Gulf Coast Village Care Center
1333 Santa Barbara Blvd.
Cape Coral, FL 33991
ContactCenter for Compassionate Touch
Compassionate Touch® Level 1 Workshop: Your hands-on experience is deepened as all of our training is held in a long term care facility. Instructor: Larry Self
In this workshop you will:
- Unique needs of elders in long term care
- Common primary and secondary conditions among elders in long term care
- Compassionate Touch key concepts and benefits
- Focused touch and sensitive massage techniques
- Adapted positioning techniques
- Safety and precautions
- Authentic communication skills
- Introduction to Compassionate Touch in dementia care
- Basic steps for massage therapy service in eldercare and hospice
- Compassionate Touch sessions with elders in a long term care facility
- The profound mutual benefit of this approach
- A tool for relating to people in a more meaningful way
- A deeper awareness of your natural healing presence
- Eligibility for Level 2 certified Compassionate Touch Practitioner training.
Saturday and Sunday 9am-5:30pm