Don Spalding, Nursing Home Administrator, West Melbourne, FL
"After receiving Compassionate Touch® training, our staff provided an additional level of comfort for our residents. I enthusiastically recommend this training to anyone wanting to improve quality of life using a non-pharmacological approach."
Regardless of the kind of caregiver you are-massage therapist or other healthcare professional, volunteer or loving family member-Compassionate Touch® has a training designed just for you!
Please click on the options below to get more information:
- Level 1 Workshop
- Level 2 Certified Practitioner Training
- Level 1 and Level 2 Combined Intensive
- Level 3 Massage in Hospice Care
- Eldercare Facility and Hospice On-site Staff Training
- Introductory Presentations
- Conference Presentations
- Instructor Training Retreat
- Unique needs of elders in long term care
- Common primary and secondary conditions among elders in long term care
- Compassionate Touch key concepts and benefits
- Focused touch and sensitive massage techniques
- Adapted positioning techniques
- Safety and precautions
- Authentic communication skills
- Introduction to Compassionate Touch in dementia care
- Basic steps for massage therapy service in eldercare and hospice
- Compassionate Touch sessions with elders in a long term care facility
- The profound mutual benefit of this approach
- A tool for relating to people in a more meaningful way
- A deeper awareness of your natural healing presence
- Eligibility for Level 2 certified Compassionate Touch Practitioner training.
CE Credit: 20 contact hours
Approved by NCBTMB and Florida Board of Massage Therapy
Pre-requisite: Level 1 Workshop.
This specialized training is for the massage therapist wishing to expand services to eldercare or hospice settings or other professional caregivers wishing to expand Compassionate Touch skills within their particular professional scope of practice.
Why should a massage therapist become a Certified Compassionate Touch® Practitioner?
- Professional credibility
- Competency in a specialized form of service
- Confidence in your skills and abilities
- Affiliation with like-minded professionals
- Guidance in developing Compassionate Touch® clinical programs
- Increased potential for success at expanding your services to this special population
- Profound personal growth
- Advanced skills for elders with advanced dementia
- Techniques to support the person at end of life
- Advanced communication skills in relating to people with dementia or in end-of-life care
- Assessment and documentation methods expected by employers of massage therapists
- Strategies for coping with the emotional impact of this work
- Confronting fears and challenges related to serving people in eldercare and hospice
- Expanding your ability to be a healing presence
- Applying Compassionate Touch key concepts
- Compassionate Touch sessions with people living with advanced conditions
Massage therapists will gain promotion strategies. The last day is a practice-building seminar. (Other healthcare professionals may opt-out attending this day)
In this seminar, you will learn or experienc:
- Marketing strategies
- How to talk to potential employers about your services to meet their needs
- Tools for generating referrals
- Program models
- Fee setting and contracts
- Create a vision for your business and plan steps to achieve it.
CE Credit: 35 hours. Approved by NCBTMB and Florida Board of Massage Therapy
Your investment includes:
- Practitioner Certification
- Training manual with sample forms and extensive resource list
- Compassionate Touch® Practitioner logo
- Practice building materials and templates
- Peer support
- Invitation to future practitioner enrichment events
- Eligibility to apply for Compassionate Touch® instructor training program
To meet the demand for a combined course we now offer this training option! You can now complete the Certified Practitioner Training in one course and location. This is our “green” option because it involves less travel and you save expenses.
This intensive includes all of the Level 1 Workshop and Level 2 Practitioner Training content.
CE Credit: 55 hours. Approved by NCBTMB and Florida Board of Massage Therapy
Tuition: $1075 (this is a savings of $200. A payment plan is available)
This training program is designed to provide techniques, skills and personal practices for adapting touch and massage to specialized settings for clients who are in end-of-life care or actively dying. These skills and practices will help you gather information for assessment and treatment, revitalize your energy while working, achieve comfort by the bedside and process the emotional impact of the work. This training has been customized to provide the Compassionate Touch® Practitioner with advanced skills and a physical approach to clients with life-limiting illness.
In this intensive, you will gain expertise and the ability to:
- Demonstrate therapeutic presence with the dying person
- Evaluate appropriate massage techniques to work with a client’s physical and emotional vulnerability
- Implement assessment tools and documentation in hospice services
- Integrate Everflowing massage techniques
- Implement comfort measures for both the client in bed and for yourself at the bedside
- Exhibit greater confidence in working with non- verbal clients
- Implement personal coping strategies for the emotional impact of working with dying persons
This training includes supervised clinical practice in two hospice inpatient care facilities.
Pre-requisite: Completion of Compassionate Touch® Level 2 Practitioner Training.
CE Credit: 32 hours. Approved by NCBTMB
We provide a valuable support service to long term care and hospice organizatons throughout the country. We deliver evidence-based education which is taught by a leading expert.
We understand the increasing demands placed on care professionals. In particular, the expectation that staff meets standards of care. Eldercare providers are being challenged like never before to come up with innovative ways to incorporate person-centered care.
Compassionate Touch is an easy-to-learn person-centered approach that is a non-pharmacological, non-invasive and cost-effective tool in managing pain and challenging behavior. Our training is designed to empower caregivers with the knowledge, skills, and sensitivity to immediately incorporate Compassionate Touch into daily routines.
This training also enables your organization meet guidelines and professional requirements while, at the same time, enhancing excellence of care and improving staff and customer satisfaction.
Training topics include: (click on the title below for description)
- Compassionate Touch® : A Person-Centered Therapeutic Recreation Activity.
- Compassionate Touch® : An Effective Tool in Dementia Care.
- Compassionate Touch® : Hands-on Comfort in End of Life Care.
- Compassionate Touch® : A Powerful Tool Every Caregiver Can Use.
We are happy to customize any topic to meet your needs.
Contact us for a FREE consultation and proposal.
We offer one and three hour introductory presentations for massage therapy schools, allied health curriculums, professional association meetings and other organizations.
Our presentations are suitable for both students and experienced professionals alike.
We will work with you to develop a presentation that best meets the needs of your organization.
Contact us for a FREE consultation and proposal.
Is your organization looking for an innovative presentation for your conference or convention?
We are dedicated to providing an interesting, practical, and thought-provoking presentation for your event. Topics Include:
- Human Touch: How it Can Transform Person-Centered Care
- Compassionate Touch® in Managing Challenging Behaviors in Dementia Care
- Compassionate Touch® in End-of-Life Care
- The Therapeutic Use of Massage in Long Term Care
- Massage Therapy in Eldercare and Hospice: What it Takes to Serve this Special Population and Get Paid for It!
Ann Catlin has engaged audiences at these events:
- Leading Age National Convention
- Florida State Massage Therapy Association
- American Massage Conference
- American Massage Therapy Association national convention
- National Association of Health Care Assistants
- Health Ministries Association National Conference
- Missouri Summit on Aging
- Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Institute
- North Dakota Long Term Care Association
- Missouri Healthcare Association
- Missouri League for Nursing
We will work with you to develop a presentation that meets the needs of your group.
Contact us for a proposal!
We are building a community of Compassionate Touch® Instructors. This is an important step in the growth of the Center for Compassionate Touch LLC and, more importantly, in the growth of our vision.
The instructor training is a 4 ˝ day intensive held in a retreat setting. Our training prepares and empowers instructors to teach the Level 1 Workshop; Introductory seminars; AMTA chapter presentations; conference presentations; and presentations in your community.
Training content includes:
- Modules of the Level 1 workshop:
- Presentation skills:
- Organizational details:
- Promoting your workshop:
- Further development of your unique gifts as a Compassionate Touch Instructor
Are You a Perfect Candidate to be a Compassionate Touch® Instructor? You might be if you:
- Are a licensed massage therapist with current credentials
- Are a certified Compassionate Touch® Practitioner
- Are passionate about and have experience serving people in eldercare or hospice
- Desire to expand your business model and diversify your income
- Are professionally ambitious and a self-starter
- Communicate effectively
- Want to becoming a leader and enjoy mentoring others
- Respect diverse spiritual views and individual differences
- Can “think on your feet” and creatively solve problems
- Share our mission and vision
- Can inspire others
- Participate as a member of a professional association
- Have moderate computer skills (Microsoft Word and internet communication)
Contact us about our application process and further details.